Let me just start off by saying that I have an unhealthy obsession of avocados…luckily for me, they are super good for you and delicious too. #winning
A lot of my recipes are sort of last minute, “crap I have to use this stuff in the fridge before it goes bad,” meals that end up tasting really, really good. I’ve learned through my years of cooking that the most unlikely relationships can happen between different foods. I’m bringing food together in love, one accident at a time (did I really just put celery salt all over my salad?).
I hope you enjoy this one…it’s quick, easy, and you only need to dirty up one pan. That’s a win-win!
- 2 organic thinly-sliced chicken breasts
- 2 medium-sized broccoli heads
- 1 ripe avocado
- a handful of sweet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp black pepper (reserve 1 tsp for the salsa)
- 1 tsbp lemon juice and two lemon wedges (for garnish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove chicken from refrigerator and let rest while oven is pre-heating.
- Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (I use Trader Joe’s organic coconut cooking spray). Cut broccoli into florets and arrange on one side of the pan. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle black pepper over top (use as much as you want).
- Drizzle the 2 tbsp of olive oil over the chicken breasts and spread evenly with a spoon. Sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, and black pepper evenly over the breasts and place them on the other side of the pan. Place in the pre-heated over and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken and broccoli are cooking, slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters and place into a small bowl. Slice the avocado in half and peel, and then slice into cubes. Place in the bowl with tomatoes and squeeze the 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp black pepper over top. Stir and set aside.
- Once the chicken and broccoli are done, remove from the oven and place on plates. Scoop the tomato/avo salsa over top the chicken breasts, squeeze more lemon juice over top and enjoy!
Always be sure to serve every meal with red wine because let’s face it, bitches love wine. And 1 glass of red wine = 1 hour of cardiovascular exercise. #winningagain